What is the NGLCC Supplier Diversity Initiative?
Is certification as a diverse supplier unique to LGBT companies?
What are the benefits of certification for my business?
- National recognition by America's top corporations as a Certified LGBT Business Enterprise®.
- Eligibility to exhibit at the annual NGLCC Business and Leadership Conference, as well as at regional events.
- Automatic inclusion in the NGLCC's online searchable database of certified businesses, which is accessible by NGLCC Corporate Partners.
- Use of the NGLCC Certified Business logo on your marketing materials, which identifies your business as a Certified LGBT Business Enterprise® through the NGLCC to the NGLCC's national network.
- Eligibility to receive sourcing opportunities e-mails from the NGLCC and its Corporate Partners.
- Eligibility to participate in mentorship programs, leadership trainings, and scholarship opportunities presented by NGLCC Corporate Partners.
What are the minimum criteria for certification?
- Exercise independence from any non-LGBT business enterprise
- Have its principle place of business (headquarters) in the United States
- Have been formed as a legal entity in the United States
How long does it take to process my certification application? How long does NGLCC certification last?
Can an LGBT person(s) and a non-LGBT person(s) jointly own a company?
What steps are taken to ensure the confidentiality of my documents?
Why do I need a site visit? Do I have to pay for it?
What do I do after I receive my certification?
Is there a fee for certification?
NGLCC waives the certification fee ($400) and recertification fee ($200) for applicants who submit proof of valid, current membership with their local affiliate chamber of commerce. By joining your local affiliate chamber, you can network with local LGBT and allied business owners, have access to local programing and events, and can take advantage of local business opportunities. Become a member of your local affiliate chamber to not only leverage local membership benefits, but also take advantage of complimentary national certification. An applicant does not necessarily need to be based locally in order to be a member of an affiliate chamber. Applicants who wish not to join their local affiliate chamber will be prompted to pay a non-refundable certification/ recertification fee when completing the application for certification.