Aside from general membership, many people choose to initially get involved or get more involved by volunteering their time and skills. Becoming a volunteer or ambassador provides an opportunity to do just that.
CLGBTCC is a largely volunteer-run organization, and volunteering is a common way to get more involved. Common volunteer activities include, but are not limited to:
- Executing the largest annual queer-focused professional networking event in the Charlotte region
- Ensuring the smooth logistical operation of regular monthly and quarterly professional development and networking events
- Representing CLGBTCC at Charlotte Pride, Charlotte Black Pride and other community events
- Conducting and analyzing membership surveys for quality assurance
- Delivering a training on a topic in which you’re an expert, which also offers increased exposure to your business
- Providing specialized professional services, which can often be exchanged for in-kind membership and sponsorship benefits
CLGBTCC membership is not a requirement for volunteering.
In fact, many people have volunteered to get more involved before deciding if they want to formally join. Additionally, volunteers at paid events always attend for free, and have off-duty time to make the most of it. If you feel on the margin, you can go from the edge to the center in one easy step: volunteer.
If you are ready to volunteer with CLGBTCC, click the button to fill in some basic information so we know your interest and abilities!