November 10, 2021
CHARLOTTE — The Carolinas LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce announced today the winners of its
2020-2021 Business & Community Awards, a program that recognizes the contributions made by businesses and individuals in building a stronger LGBT+ and allied business and professional community. Due to the unprecedented cancellation of last year’s Annual Awards Gala, the chamber will honor both 2020 and 2021 recipients.
When announced, chamber vice chair, Tiffany “Tip” Keaton said “We are excited to recognize this year’s slate of award recipients. Each have clearly demonstrated their unrelenting commitment to marketplace and workplace diversity, equity, and inclusion. Congratulations on a job well done!”
2020-2021 Award Recipients:
● Corporate Partner of the Year: TIAA | Novant Health
● Excellence in Supplier Diversity: Sonoco | PGA
● LGBT+ Business of the Year: Miles Enterprise Solutions | Simmons, Small & Associates
● Allied Business of the Year: Precision Chiropractic | Papi’s Puerto Rican Cuisine
● Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year: Zaddy Solutions | Evolution Aura
● LGBT+ Professional of the Year: Vinnie Morris | Eric Norman
● Non-Profit of the Year: Hearts Beat as One Foundation | Dudley’s Place
● Engagement Award (BRG/ERG/DEI): T-Mobile
● Teresa L. Davis Legacy Award: Tina White | Debbie Warren
● Donaldson J. King Impact Award: Quin Williams | Jason Boone
● Advancing Equity Award: Charlotte City Council | Mecklenburg Board of Commissioners
● Excellence in Intersectional Education: Gantt Center
● Special Honors: Charlotte Business Resources | Foundation for the Carolinas
“The past two years have been unprecedented for small businesses, corporations, and non-profits. The resiliency for our members and partners has been amazing and we want to recognize that and celebrate with them as we continue to move into 2022. These award recipients embody the strength of our business and professional community, and each recipient has a role to play as we thrive together!”, says Chad Turner, president and CEO.
The awards will be presented at the Annual Awards Luncheon & Holiday Soiree, hosted by Gantt Center, on Tuesday, December 14. The public is invited to attend.
In addition, the awards ceremony, the chamber will also announce the newly elected board members and officers and lay out their initiatives for the coming year.
More program announcements, including the keynote speaker will be announced soon.
More information and tickets can be purchased at
The Carolinas LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce is an organization of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and LGBT+ and allied businesses, corporations and professionals throughout western North Carolina and most of South Carolina. Their mission is to foster equity, inclusion, and economic prosperity for the LGBTQ community through strategic policy, professional enrichment, ally partnerships and economic development.