December 9, 2022
CHARLOTTE — The Carolinas LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce announced the recipients of its
2022 Business & Community Awards, a program that recognizes the contributions made by businesses and individuals in building a stronger LGBT+ and allied business and professional community.
When announced, President & CEO, Chad Turner said “We are thrilled that this year’s slate of honorees exemplifies the diversity within our chamber and community. Visibility is key to creating a more inclusive and equitable community. The theme of this year’s Awards Gala is THRIVE! We hope that through platforms of education, empowerment, and visibility that we can continue to build and THRIVE together!”
2022 Award Recipients:
● Corporate Partner of the Year: NASCAR
● Excellence in Supplier Diversity: Ally
● LGBT+ Business of the Year: The Wine Vault
● Allied Business of the Year: New Belgium Brewing Company
● Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year: CIS Patrol Services, LLC
● LGBT+ Professional of the Year: Marta Tataje
● Non-Profit of the Year: Charlotte Trans Health
● Corporate Engagement Award: Avita Pharmacy
● Teresa L. Davis Legacy Award: Dr. Frankie Simmons
● Donaldson J. King Community Impact Award: Center 360
● Advancing Equity Award: Representative Alma Adams | Representative-elect Jeff Jackson
● Outstanding Ally Support: Becky Knight
The awards will be presented at the Annual Awards Gala, hosted at the Ruth by Beau Monde, on Tuesday, December 13 at 6:30pm. The event is sold out. The purpose of this gala is to bring visibility to LGBT+ owned businesses and professionals throughout our region. With a focus on intersectionality within the LGBTQ community, it is our hope to increase their non-borrowed capital, capacity, and operations, the number of minority-owned LGBTQ businesses, and support the development of future LGBTQ entrepreneurs.
The evening will feature a keynote address by Marquita Thomas, former CEO of the Los Angeles LGBT Chamber of Commerce as well as entertainment from local LGBT+ artists such as Marcy Live and duet, Ellie & Cole. In addition to their awards ceremony and brief annual meeting, the attendees will raise a toast to thirty years of service and end the evening with cocktails and dancing! Heavy hors d’oeuvres will be provided, and all ticket packages will include one complimentary cocktail. Cash bar will be available throughout the evening.
The chamber will also announce the newly elected board members and officers and lay out their initiatives for the coming year. The evening will also celebrate thirty years of service to the region with a toast!
The Carolinas LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce is an organization of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and LGBT+ and allied businesses, corporations, and professionals throughout western North Carolina and most of South Carolina. Their mission is to foster equity, inclusion, and economic prosperity for the LGBTQ community through strategic policy, professional enrichment, ally partnerships and economic development.